Join us for festivities, fun and food, from BudaPest to Vienna!
Danube River Cruise Group
Dec 17-21, 2022
Cruise Route Map
Enjoy the splendour of the Danube at Christmas time with this mini itinerary. Experience the majesty of Budapest, uncover the eastern charm of Bratislava and wander the twinkling festive markets of Vienna.
- 4 nights/5 days on-board an Emerald Waterways Star-Ship in an Emerald Panorama Balcony category
- Airport transfers to and from the ship (if arriving start day of, and departing final day of cruise only)
- The services of an Emerald Waterways Cruise Director
- Explore the World: Save $1000 per person (for bookings under deposit by Feb 20/2021)
- Pay In Full 12 Months Prior: Save 10% (Vista Deck & Above)
- Port taxes and charges
- All tipping and gratuities
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE IS ADDITIONAL! (Please ask us and we can help you book flights!)
Additional Group Benefits
- Additional Group per person cruise savings (see cabin prices below)
- Extended Drinks Package (unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks), not just at meals! Value: Priceless! 😁 (please note unlimited drinks does not apply to minibar)
- Cruise with Confidence: Reduced Deposit – $250pp
- Cruise with Confidence: Complimentary Deposit Protection Plan – $125pp value (if you can’t go at the designated dates, you can use your deposit up to 24 months past the originally booked cruise date)
- Guided tour of Budapest
- Guided tour of Bratislava
- Guided tour of Vienna
- Traditional Hungarian Folklore Show
- 11 superb meals including 4 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches (L), 4 Dinners (D)
- Including a Welcome and Farewell Reception & Dinner
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board (Our group has been provided the additional complimentary group amenity: extended beverage pkg. All beers, wines, soft drinks all day – not just at dining)
We have partnered with luxury river cruise supplier, Emerald Waterways, to offer our clients spectacular savings on a Christmas Markets River Cruise.
We board our wonderful cruiseship, the Emerald Dawn, in Budapest and disembark in Vienna, for 5 days of blissful seasonal tastes, sights, smells, sounds and magical ambiance!
Day 1 – Budapest
Welcome to Budapest! You will be met and transferred from the airport* to your Emerald Waterways luxury river cruise ship. After boarding, enjoy some time at your leisure to explore Budapest. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Hungarian dinner, then a Hungarian folk dancing and music performance on board.
- Emerald PLUS inclusion: Traditional Hungarian Folklore Show
- Meals Included: Dinner
Day 2 – Budapest i
Budapest is Eastern Europe’s liveliest and most cosmopolitan city. Enjoy a guided tour of the city sights including the Hungarian Parliament Building, the Buda Castle and the Chain Bridge linking Buda and Pest or an exciting hike on the Buda Hill. During your free time, stroll the Christmas market on Budapest’s main square near Váci Utca Street, which showcases Hungarian craft products such as glass blowing, knitting, wood carving, candle making, pottery, leather trade, traditional Hungarian embroidery and lace work, etc. This afternoon you will depart for your next capital on the Danube, Bratislava.
- Emerald INCLUDED PLUS inclusion: Included ExcursionGuided coach tour of Budapest
- Discover MORE Excursion to Szentendre (extra expense)o
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 – Bratislava – the capital of Slovakia, is situated in a wonderful location between the Carpathians and the Alps, just a few kilometres from Vienna. Pre-Christmas time in Bratislava is intrinsically connected with glowing streets, warm holiday spirit, traditional dishes and drinks.
Enjoy a sightseeing tour including the enchanting Old City with its Town Hall, Mirbach Palace and the Gothic Cathedral of St Martin. Alternatively, join an active guided hike to Bratislava Castle. Bratislava also charming Christmas markets throughout the city, which you can enjoy.
The main Christmas Market is located at the Main Square and Hviezdoslav Square but there are smaller ones in the city center as well, such as the square in front of the Eurovea shopping center. Whatever market you decide to venture into, irresistible smell and a unique atmosphere will get you for sure!
- Included Excursion: Walking Tour of Bratislava
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 – Vienna – During the holiday season, Vienna’s most charming squares transform into magical Christmas markets. The smells of Christmas baking, hot punch and toasted chestnuts allure many visitors in this time of the year. The Old City and shopping streets are decorated with festive lights that create a Christmas atmosphere in Vienna.
Today, explore Austria’s capital beginning with a drive along the Ringstrasse, where we will see some of Vienna’s world–famous sights such as the Opera House, Burgtheater, Town Hall, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Then, you will have free time to sample the wonderful tastes of the Christmas markets of Vienna, such Käsekrainer sausage, donuts, pretzels or Kartoffelpuffer.
As we stay overnight in Vienna, you will have plenty of time to discover Viennese markets during the late afternoon hours while the magic Christmas illumination settles in. This evening, join us on our optional tour to an exclusive Viennese concert.
- Included Excursion: Guided tour of Vienna
- Discover MORE: Visit to Schönbrunn Palace (extra expense)
- Discover MORE: Exclusive Viennese concert with music from Mozart and Strauss (extra expense)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5 – Vienna – After breakfast, it is time to say farewell to your fellow guests and disembark the ship for your transfer to the airport for your onward or homebound flight, taking memories of the delightful Danube with you. Please note: Preview itinerary subject to change.
- Meals Included: Breakfast
Would you like to arrive in BudaPest a few days early? Or stay in Vienna a few days later?
We have some of our group arriving to London and then train journeys to different cities before Budapest. We have another couple planning to visit Rome for Christmas.
We have decided to stay in Europe and do Christmas in Vienna and New Year’s in Istanbul (a bucket list event we’ve always wanted to do)! We know others are flying to Rome, for Christmas Mass at the Vatican!
The choices are endless, or you can depart back to home, right after the cruise, just in time for Christmas with your family and friends at home. ❤️ Let us know and we’ll help you with any part of your planning desires.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TYPES OF EXCURSIONS
Emerald Waterways offers both free & included excursions as well as some extra (paid) options which cruisers can choose between, to make your trip even more memorable! The different excursions are called Emerald PLUS and Emerald ACTIVE and DiscoverMORE.
EmeraldACTIVE is just as it sounds; you can experience the area by biking, hiking and canoeing. Explore Vienna on a guided bike tour, or hike through the Black Forest! How about paddling your canoe down the Douro River, to see the city from the waterways?
With EmeraldPLUS you get in-depth and truly authentic cultural experiences, including spectacular local sights which are a little off the walking path in each city, or specialized cooking demos with take-home recipes, so you can rekindle past memories through your tastes on tour.
Because the ports are so close together the ship does not leave at 4 pm, so you can stay much later at night and get to see the area after your active day and experience the nightlife!
DiscoverMORE experiences are paid optional activities that offer cruisers a greater experiential excursion in each locale. While not free, the DiscoverMORE are very reasonably priced (for example, a walking food tour costs only 45€ with free sampling at many stops along the tour.
(Availability changes regularly)
Deluxe Emerald Cabin – Deck 1 (Riviera Lower Deck
Emerald Category D: $1795/pp total + airfare
Emerald Category E: $1695/pp total + airfare
On the Riviera Deck, our staterooms are larger than the average on European waters, providing plenty of room to accommodate two people. **Ask us if you’d like to determine if this cabin will work for you! We’ll give you the pros & cons of each cabin**
Picture windows welcome in the light, an ensuite bathroom, complete with indulgent toiletries, will relax you after adventurous days, and complimentary Wi-Fi enables you to keep up with family as you travel.
An optional mini-bar is stocked with beverages and snacks, available for you if you desire. Enjoy the luxuries of your floating hotel!
Panorama Balcony cabin – Decks 2 & 3
**(Our group are in these cabins)**
Cat C: 0 cabins remaining/19 total onboard
Our Price: $1860.50/pp
Reg Price: $2145.00
Cat B: 5 cabins remaining/18 total onboard
Our Price: $2140.50/pp
Reg Price: $2345.00/pp
Cat A: 13 cabins remaining
Our Price: $2240.50/pp
Reg Price: $2545.00/pp
These spectacular suites boast our revolutionary indoor balcony design, complete with decking area, table and chairs, generating an entirely new space for you to enjoy the landscapes passing by you.
With the touch of a button, the upper part of the suite’s floor-to-ceiling window drops down to unveil uninterrupted views of the stunning scenery, opening up the suite and bringing the outdoors in. In our Emerald Panorama Balcony Suites, you’ll find a mini-fridge, perfect for storing any gifts that need keeping cool, such as chocolates, confectionery or special local drinks. You can use your mini-fridge to keep your complimentary bottled water cool too.
You’ll also find a safe for your valuables and plenty of storage.
Grand Balcony Cabin – Deck 3
6 cabins remaining/8 total onboard
Our price: $2450.50/pp
Regular Price: $2745.00/pp
Staying in the Emerald Grand Balcony Suite makes waking up and going to sleep a dream. Open your balcony, with the simple press of a button, to let in the river breeze on a lazy morning, as the unrivalled comfort of your queen-size or twin hotel-style bed, dressed with luxurious linens, encourages you to lie in that little bit longer.
Wake up to the luxurious surrounds of your stylish bathroom, enjoying a revitalising shower, complete with sumptuous toiletries. Then, what could be better than having a continental breakfast brought to your door to enjoy on your own private balcony?
Complimentary bathrobes and slippers make lounging comfortable, and your own in-suite Nespresso™ machine means you can sip a fresh coffee as you ponder your itinerary and what the day has to offer.
Select your preferred pillow from our extensive menu and enjoy an exceptionally comfortable night’s sleep, or simply relax as you watch a film on your suite’s flat screen TV and infotainment system, during some down time. Individual climate control enables your room to stay at the right temperature to suit you, whether you’re sailing in the warmer summer months, or the cooler winter.
And, stay in touch with family and friends using your in-suite telephone or make the most of complimentary Wi-Fi for contacting them by your preferred method.
Owner’s 1 bedroom Suite – Deck 3
4 cabins remaining/4 cabins onboard
Our Price: $3030.50/pp
Regular Price: $3445.00/pp
Only a limited number of these superior suites are available on each Star-Ship, providing up to 315 square feet of private space.
Boasting an outdoor balcony with open-air system and a separate living room and bedroom, you’ll have ample space to enjoy your own continental breakfast, pre-dinner canapés and after-dinner sweet treats brought right to your suite as well as your own in-suite Nespresso™ machine.
We’ll also provide an iPad for you to use during your trip to make staying in touch with your loved ones more accessible. The addition of a walk-in closet provides an added luxurious feel to your stay, as well as a daily included four-item laundry service.
Your mini-bar will be restocked daily, compliments of us, plus we’ll invite you to the Captain’s Table to enjoy a truly remarkable fine dining experience.
Please take a moment to learn about our company. We’d love yo have you join our fun group! Feel free to call or email us!
Terms: Cruise with Confidence – – Complimentary Deposit Protection Plan
Where you are required to cancel prior to the invoiced final Payment Date, we will hold your deposit on your Eligible Booking,less the DPP Fee, any third party cancellation fees, airline cancellation fees, and travel agent administration fees, in credit for 24 months of cancellation. If you do not rebook within 24 months, or utilize all of Your Deposit, it will be forfeited. If a cancellation is made for any reason after final Payment Date, our standard booking terms and conditions will apply. This does not replace Travel Insurance we strongly recommend this be obtained at time of booking.
We will send full booking terms to those who book. Thank you!
Get In Touch with Us
- All Inclusive Luxury Cruises – Save up to $7000 now!Please feel free to contact us to discuss these luxury cruises in detail. Phone: 1-866-994-9898 Email: email@example.com
- Europe / Summer 2021 travel intel – Which countries? Which rules?Although vaccines are emboldening travelers to start hitting the roads and skies again, it is still challenging to visit European countries, which often require lengthy quarantines, testing, social distancing, hand washing and the wearing of masks by visitors. But Europe is indeed starting to open up. Over the weekend, Ursula von der Leyen, president of theContinue reading “Europe / Summer 2021 travel intel – Which countries? Which rules?”
- A little N’awlins to Jazz Up your SoulNew Orleans is so much more than just the French Quarter, despite many visitors never venturing beyond this small district bounded by Esplanade Avenue to the Northern end of the city, the Mighty Mississippi River to the East, Canal Street, Decatur Street and Iberville Street to the south and the Basin Street, St. Louis StreetContinue reading “A little N’awlins to Jazz Up your Soul”
- Rugby World Cup 2023 – France Ticketing PurchaseDid you try to get Rugby World Cup (#RWC2023) Tickets as part of the recent Family Pass pre-purchase madness? Wow, it was an incredibly tedious process compared to the last time I purchased tickets for the RWC in France back in 2007! Prior to the 2007 #RWC Rugby World Cup, I simply went to theContinue reading “Rugby World Cup 2023 – France Ticketing Purchase”
- Memories, on FB… become posts about South AmericaIf you’re one of the over 2.8 billion users of Facebook, whether you love it or hate it, it does one thing incredibly well, and that’s the memories segment. Invariably I’ve found that the Memories component leaves me looking with fondness and good memories, and really, who saves bad memories?! I was delivered back inContinue reading “Memories, on FB… become posts about South America”